Wednesday 9 April 2014

The Guide [Part-10]

~"Some people open our eyes to the reality and no matter what, we can never thank them enough. They're somewhat like our guardians, guardians of our souls."~

__________________________

He held my hand tightly. He was about to twist it.

"Leave Hriday. Please, it hurts." I cried. 

"This hurts? This hurts Mannat. This hurts according you. Let me push you off this cliff right now. That's what you want, right? Let me do it. Nobody knows that you know me. No one would blame me. Why wait? Let me do it right now. It'll be over in seconds. You'll be gone. I hardly know you. It won't bother me. What would bother is that I couldn't give you one reason to live."
He was literally dragging me to the edge of the cliff. I was trembling.

" No, no. Pleee...please Hriday. Don't do this. Please stop. It'll hurt me this way. I don't wanna do it. Stop." I begged.

"Why? Why to stop now? It won't hurt you. It'll hurt the ones who love you. When they'll see the sight of your strangled body, they'll be devasted. No one else would ease their pain. That sight won't leave their mind, ever. You're selfish. I wonder why people like you don't care?" He kicked some stones on the ground and I see them falling.

Tears were making their way out of my eyes. Maybe he was right. I was selfish. But what about the pain. I couldn't live with it.

"Don't you show me those tears, goddamit. They aren't worth it. Suppose something happens to you. You know what happens next? Your father would curse himself all his life for not giving you his shelter. Your mother would think where she failed to understand you. Your family would wonder what could they have done to save you. Your friends would think why you did this, what were your reasons, why they failed. And people like me, in whose life you left an impact would get depressed wondering if we could have stopped you anyhow. You have people, you have that love, that care. For God's sake just open your eyes. One wrong step and you would end up destroying so many lives. How could you even? Do it, do what you want. I'll be in London with a regret. But still I won't be affected that much because I hardly know you. But think about your people, this would haunt them forever. And this might lead to the end of someone. What are you scared of? This is what life is. Open your eyes Princess. Life isn't a bed of roses. This is the reality.
BOOM! Come out of the dream world. Face it. And losers like you decide to end it. You'll be gone, easy way out. What you'll leave behind would be a never end pain. Miss Mannat Rajvansh, you're a selfish bitch. I'm sorry to say, but you are. Think about it once and then do whatever. Who am I to say?"
He turned his face after he said this.

A sense of realisation dawned upon me. I hugged him tight. He hugged me back. I felt safe. He was someone who opened my eyes.

I whispered, "I'm sorry Hriday."

"Don't be sorry to me. Be sorry to yourself. Life is hard, Mannat. Suicide isn't an option. Be strong enough to face it. There are people out here who care. Not Everyone intends to hurt you. Understand the situations others are in and then think about conclusions. You're a pretty smart lady and I know you are strong enough to handle this. You have people. And now, another name has been added in them, Hriday Sharma."

And he wiped my tears.

I couldn't find words to thank him. He was a mere stranger but he was someone who opened by eyes to the real world. I owed my life to him.

I said, "Hriday, you're my guardian angel. And I need you to go somewhere with me. Please don't deny."

"I won't. Let's go Mam." He said this adjusting his glasses.

And once again he gave me his dimpled smile, the one that gave me warmth.

After a while he said, "Where are we going?"

He took out his camera and took some beautiful shots, he even captured me in his lens.

I smiled and said, " No questions, you'll see."

__________________________ 

No comments:

Post a Comment