Wednesday 9 April 2014

The Guide [Part-9]

~"There are some people who come into our life and make us realize how incomplete we were before they came, how life never made sense when they weren't."~

_________________________________

We settled at the cafe. This guy had a mysterious aura around him which was somehow making me wonder the secrets he was hiding behind those big nerdy glasses. His dimpled smile was something which game me warmth. He was a mere stranger but there was something in him which made me think that he is someone like me, someone hiding the pain inside.

A casual conversation started off. And then we came to the point, What made us come to Shimla all of a sudden?
I let him go first.
I knew about his selection. I didn't let out the secret though. I wanted him to be the one to tell me that. He told me about his selection and how his parents wanted him to complete his degree first and then peruse it. But he didn't want to let go of such an opportunity. He decided he would run away from home and never come back until he became a successful renewed photographer. He even showed me some of his clicks. This guy had that spark in him. I wish his parents agreed to him. His passion was driving his life. Leaving home was a difficult decision but he took it. But he was kinda regretting it now. He had decided to call his parents soon and tell them about it. He wanted them to understand his choices.

I respected his decisions. Parent's love is what we all need at the biggest crisis during our lives. Seeing that feeling of regret in his eyes somewhat made me think about the possibilities that would follow about the decision i took. Maybe i was wrong. Maybe i could think about something else.

It was my turn now. We were already walking on The Mall Road now. I narrated my story and started to cry. He made me sit on one of the benches and wiped away my tears. That strange level of comfort made me feel better. A lot better actually.

After a while he said, "So what brings you to Shimla, Mannat?"

I took a deep breath.
I couldn't find words but i somehow said it.
"Suicide. I'm ending this worthless life of mine, soon. Before that i wanted to see the place that had stored many happy memories of mine. My life's good old days were spent here, just to revive them, I came."

He was shocked. His grave expression told me all that.

"Get up". He was ordering.

I was wondering why.

"Just get up", he held my hand tightly and started moving.

"Where are we going? Hriday? Listen?" I demanded an answer.

"Shut your mouth, Miss. I need you to see something. Just stop. Your bloody brains and your bloody ideas, to hell with them. you're coming with me." His voice had aggression.

I followed him like a lost puppy.
All during the way, he didn't say a word. He had held my hand and dragged me ahead. I didn't oppose. I trusted him.

After a while, he reached near a hill top. We were a bit outside the main city.
I was running out of breath.

"Here we are." He sounded dominant.

"Here? Why?" I was confused.

He gave me a sarcastic smile and looked around.
He laughed and look towards the sky, " God, give some brains to fools like her."

I was offended and i said, "You can't say that, thats wrong."

"You, Miss Mannat are no one to say who am I and what I am doing. Did you hear me?" He said.

I nodded and waited for him to say something.

________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment