Thursday 3 April 2014

The Guide [Part-6]

~"In Our bad times, all we need is love and support from the ones we love, silently. We might not go and ask them for it, but we do expect that from them."~

____________________________

Three months had passed. Semester exams were over. I managed to get an average score, not a good one like always. But I was okay with it. Now, it was time to get back home. I had isolated myself. I didn't interact much with Viyaan and Athira too. And after a while they too didn't put in efforts. I was devasted. Faith and hope sounded like alien terms.

Finally I had to go back. Tickets were booked. I didn't want to go back to the place with which my happiest childhood memories were connected. That same place was responsible for wrecking my life. I didn't want the haunted present to take over my cheerful past.

Mom lived separately now. It was just a week and I was switching places. That made it more difficult for me. They were partners in business but ended their partnership in life. Relationships can take up an ugly side. I tried calling Viyaan a couple of times but his phone was usually on waiting. I used to text him but he usually gave me cold replies saying he was stuck in something. I felt bad because he was online but he used to say he was busy.

I wanted to go back to Delhi. I talked about it back home. My cousin Rishika was in Delhi too. I made an excuse to visit her. But actually I wanted to see Viyaan.

I took the evening's flight to Delhi. I tried to act as normal as I could in front of Mom and Dad. That helped me to get allowance easily. I landed at Delhi and straight away went to Select City, Saket. I went to get some gifts for him just to surprise him. I picked up a good watch and a red t-shirt for him. I felt it was my mistake too. I became selfish, my sorrows isolated me. I ignored him and now I had to mend it.

I was so excited to see my love after such a long time. I've been seeing him all this time but I was distracted. I reached his apartment's building. It was around 9. The guard knew I was a regular visitor so he let me in. After such a long time, I was actually feeling happy and good about myself, just because of Viyaan. I had the extra key to his apartment. My stupid mind told me not to ring the bell and surprise him. I was so mesmerized by my own thoughts. My soul was actually seeking happiness after a long time.

Quietly I went inside. I tiptoed so that he couldn't hear me. The lights were off. Was he even at home? Just then I heard some noises coming from the bedroom. I guess some friend of his might have come over. I silently went near his room, kept my stuff at the sofa and rotated the door knob and shouted, "Surprise".

It was a shock rather than a surprise. Viyaan was in bed with a girl. I knew that girl so well. She was Athira. I couldn't believe my eyes. Athira tried to cover herself with a bedsheet. Viyaan came out of the bed putting on a shirt lying on the ground.

"Its not what you're thinking. It's not. Listen, listen just Mannat?" He couldn't even see me in the eyes.

"It's okay. I, I, I'm sorry I disturbed you. I'm really sorry. I got some stu..stuff. It's lying on the so..sofa outside. Bye. I should leave. I really should go. Bye." I was choking. Tears were rolling down my cheeks. Life deceived me once again.

I found my way to the door, picking up my bag. Viyaan was trying to stop me but I didn't listen. My perfect life taught me a lot in just three months, three mere months. And it was all over. My family broke, my parents fell apart. My best friend and boyfriend were making out thinking I was back at Ajmer. Both of them were cheating on me. If God had a list of sorrows given to people, I'd probably be at the top right now.

I walked down to the metro station and the next thing I knew was, I was at the New Delhi Railway Station trying to hold back my tears finding my way to the ticket counter. My cell phone was buzzing. I sent a text to mom and dad and switched it off.

____________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment