Tuesday 27 May 2014

My Soul's Keeper


Dear diary,
Because more than a lover, today I miss my best friend.
The guy who'd cheer me up no matter what. The guy who'd irritate me and then playfully make it up. The guy who didn't tell me often how much he loved me but his actions were enough to let my heart know. He was the guy who used to prefer kissing me on the forehead than my lips. The guy who took care of me, no matter what. He wasn't the kind of guy who'd shower me with gifts but his care and love were my most prized gifts ever. Not even once in those years he tried to touch my body but instead he had done a much greater job, he had touched my soul already.
I often used to wonder what I did to deserve someone like him. And soon, God gave me all my answers. He separated our paths, forever. I didn't deserve someone as good as him so he was snatched away. And people call him a bad guy for leaving me wrecked. But would you call someone with soul as pure as his, a bad guy? Not even once were his intentions wrong. Love, it was so pure, so selfless that lust sounded like an alien word for us. And still people tag him as a guy who broke a girl's heart.
People are crazy. Aren't they? He was someone you just can't let go of in your entire lifetime.
He is the Augustus Waters who reminds me of The Faults In My Stars and I sit back and remember him as his Hazel Grace. He is my Landon Carter who tells me that This life is a Walk To Remember and that God has something planned for his Jamie. He is my Gerry who often leaves notes that end with P.S. I Love You, just like Holly got them. He often comes to me as Will Blakelee, singing me The Last Song and reminding me that sometimes distance only makes us love them more and I sing along as if I'm his Ronnie. He often crosses my way smiling, just like Adi and Radha, to remind me that he's my Guardian Angel. He is like my very own Arjun Datta who reminds his Shambhavi that some promises are never meant to be broken. And being his Catherine Earnshaw, I recite these words, "If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger." And being my Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights he hurts me to the core only to pick up the pieces and love me.
Maybe not together, but we both are under the same stars, every night wishing to be the same again.
And I couldn't write anymore because the paper was almost wet with my tears constantly being the reason behind the dampness on my cheeks and that familiar ache inside was taking over every bit of me just like the day since he went. Sadness wasn't just losing him, it was losing my soul along with him. But all I knew was that he was gonna my keep soul safe even if Destiny tore us apart. Our paths are different, but destination, it's the same.
And if someday I get to see him on one of those junctions, I'd say, "I miss my best friend a lot more than a partner. I miss the guy who is the keeper of my soul."

22 comments:

  1. not many can express the way your wet diary does.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could CONNECT ♥♥ Lovely !~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not even able to type a comment to this lovely thing <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And I couldn't write anymore because the paper was almost wet with my tears constantly being the reason behind the dampness on my cheeks and that familiar ache inside was taking over every bit of me just like the day since he went. Sadness wasn't just losing him, it was losing my soul along with him"
    ^^ Beautifully written. I just loved your work. Keep it up (y)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very beautiful. Its on my phone and I can't help but read it again and again. You make me see the world in a different way <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some moments of life we can never express exactly even by words..It can only be felt.. I can feelet that pain.. God bless u japs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You might not know me but I secretly read every blog post of yours. I feel like we are more like a connected sisters! I love what you write. Seriously, every time I read your magical words I feel ultimate. Best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thankyou so much! :D
      It does mean a lot to me. i am glad you like my work! <3

      Delete
  8. Nothing expresses your feelings better than a heart poured out ❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your words make me speechless always.. U write beautiful and we can always connect to it :*
    Thanks for giving so wonderful feelings coz reading ur work actually gives that ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much girl! :D I am glad that you can connect to it. :')

      Delete
  10. I usually don't read blogs.Yours is the first one.
    Dude tbvh I don't have words to say. You made me speechless. Seriously your words are the best way to connect hearts :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved it !!!! And I must say you write very well !! :D *_* <3

    ReplyDelete