Tuesday 23 June 2015

The Ruffled Pages of my Diary



The ruffled pages of this diary of mine are often filled with thoughts when my mind is wandering in unknown locations, the ones I've probably never been to, before. A thousand unspoken secrets lay buried here. It knows all about my scars, my downfalls, those hideous mistakes, times my heart skipped a beat, the glorious victories I boasted of and the ones where I shined secretly, all from the times I've chosen to let out my insides. Scribbled are some descriptions, of the people who've never failed to touch this fragile heart of mine. Those little acts of kindness, hatred of some, disgust towards some, infinite love I have always got, the love of my family and then, people like you.


If I ever were to describe you or people like you in a single word, I'll be perplexed.
What will I say?
A thousand words won't be enough and they ask of one. Lucky are the people who find souls like yours. The infinities inside you, amaze me, just like the spark in your eyes. With every passing day, you rise up in my eyes, that edge of perfection shines brightly. You know, the sort of constellations I can see inside your deep eyes would never be found up in the sky. Those clusters of stars reflect all those things, join all those dots about you. They fetch me the answers my soul seeks. What surprises me more is the quality of my words, my writings, when I have to write about you. These ruffled pages of my diary secretly laugh over it because that perfection is never found otherwise.

Would I ever be able to describe something as beautifully as you?
Well, I doubt.
There is nothing even near to that. People like you are rare, the warmth they carry along with themselves with every step they take, the one each of us seeks is finally seemed to have found by me. Or better, it walked up to me. I can't really find words to describe you, people of your kind. You hold more depth than the beautiful sunrise, the endless crystal lake, the climb on the hills, the first drops of the much awaited rain, Those wonderful bounties are nothing when people like me turn to look around to see people like you standing right next to them.

But There is one thing which fits in perfectly.
Have you ever heard about the idea of "coming home"? You're that to me.
You're my home, my safe place, the solace of my insecurities, my hiding place which somehow gives me strength to face everything. You're home to me, warm and safe. No matter what happens, in the end I'm gonna walk up to you, my solace.

The funny part is, I know that people like you belong to no one, You can't really settle at one place. Your nomadic heart would never let you. One day, its all going to fade away like a far away dream. The mirage of wishful thinking of mine will vanish, the bubble of all the mindless dreaming is going to burst. We'll be on different ways and I might always try to reach you, walk into my home once again. I might find someone of your kind with a striking resemblance but it won't be you. Do we go on and find ourselves another home when our situations change?
We don't.
Home is always the same, my solace would always be you. Seeing you walk away after some days, months, years, or whatever it would be, that one day, all I'd say would be, "I'll never be at home again."

And I sit back wondering, what if you get to see these ruffled pages? Would you go away? Would I have to run away?
But our home, it doesn't abandon us, even when we commit the darkest of sins. And we run back to our Home, we never run away from it. That way, i would always find my way towards you.




12 comments:

  1. Just love your writing Japz

    God bless you keep writing more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome writing... !!
    Keep it up gal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wrote it for the reader right ,, it's nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is simply amazing !! These words literally shivered down my spine ..and now I believe in the powerful simplicity of your words 💜
    Thank u for making me read this lovely piece of yrs ...and waiting fr yr other diary pages !!
    Maybe you will be that home to me now ?

    ReplyDelete